Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein Powder - HempPro Fiber
Why You’ll Love It
Bring on the hemp! Manitoba Harvest is known for helping make hemp seeds a little more mainstream as the superfood ingredient it is. Hemp—which comes from the stalk of the cannabis plant—is a sustainable crop that’s been growing in popularity in recent years. And no, it doesn’t contain marijuana (that comes from the chemical concentration of THC found in the flowering buds) so no need to worry about any psychoactive side effects. When it comes to farming, hemp is pretty hands off, which makes it easier to care for than other plants, requiring little water. Its known for being naturally pest-resistant and can thrive without the use of pesticides, so there are lots of organic options to choose from.
The History of Manitoba Harvest
Today, Manitoba Harvest is the world’s largest hemp manufacturer, but it didn’t start out that way. Founder Mike Fata used to weigh more than 300 pounds and was looking for a way to make a difference in his health. When he overhauled his diet, he focused on incorporating healthy ingredients like good fats, protein, and fiber, which can all be found in hemp! His passion grew from there, and today the brand continues to lead the charge in making hemp accessible to everyone.
Manitoba Harvest Company Mission
Sharing hemp foods with the world is Manitoba Harvest’s company mission, and it does this by adhering to some strict guidelines, especially when it comes to quality. The brand’s “seed to shelf” approach ensures it controls everything from planting to distribution. Here are some of the essential factors.
- Seed: Manitoba Harvest works directly with Canadian farmers to play a role in plant cultivation.
- Safety: Before leaving a facility, the hemp seeds go through 34 individual tests to account for quality
- Traceability: Every hemp plant is tracked and can be traced back to the field where it was grown.
Benefits of Hemp
There’s a lot to love about the nutritional boost hemp offers. Whether you prefer drinking your vitamins in milk form, adding hemp hearts to salad dressings or using it to top soups, or opting for a protein powder to power your morning smoothie, there are lots of hemp benefits to be had.
- Hemp hearts contain all 20 amino acids, plus protein and magnesium
- Vegan, kosher, paleo, and non-GMO certified, hemp hearts are a great addition to a range of diets.
- Enjoy minerals like magnesium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, omega-3 fatty acids, and omega-6 fatty acids.
- May contribute to better digestion thanks to the fiber content
- A subtle nuttiness pairs well with both sweet and savory dishes
4 Tbsp (33g)